IETF Working Groups:
Control and Measurement Plane (CCAMP) - Coordinates the work within
the IETF defining a common control plane and a separate common
measurement plane for ISP and SP core tunneling technologies
2 Virtual Private Networks (L2VPN) - responsible for defining and
limited number of solutions for supporting provider-provisioned layer-2
virtual private networks (L2VPNs)
3 Virtual Private Networks (L3VPN) - responsible for defining and
limited number of solutions for supporting provider-provisioned Layer-3
(routed) Virtual Private Networks (L3VPNs)
Label Switching (MPLS) - Responsible for standardizing a
base technology for using label switching and for the implementation of
label-switched paths over various link-level technologies, such as
Packet-over-Sonet, Frame Relay, ATM, and LAN technologies (e.g. all
forms of Ethernet, Token Ring, etc.)
- Pseudo Wire Eumulation Edge-to-Edge (PWE3) - Responsible for developing standardized frameworks and service-specific techniques for pseudo wires
- Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions -
ATIS is a United States based body that is committed to rapidly developing and promoting technical and operations standards for the communications and related information technologies industry worldwide using a pragmatic, flexible and open approach.
- International Telecommunications Union - headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland is an international organization within the United Nations System where governments and the private sector coordinate global telecom networks and services.
Ethernet Forum - The mission of the Forum is to accelerate the
adoption of optical Ethernet as the technology of choice in metro
- IP/MPLS Forum - The IP/MPLS Forum is an international, non-profit association of service providers, equipment vendors, testing centers and enterprise users. The Forum's mission is to drive the global success of IP/MPLS-based technology, networks, and services while focusing on application and deployment solutions.
Switching Forum (MSF) - a global association of service providers
and system suppliers committed to developing and promoting
open-architecture, multiservice switching systems
- Network Processing
Forum (NPF) - organized to facilitate and accelerate the development
of next-generation networking and telecommunications products based on
network processing technologies.
Internetworking Forum (OIF) - Mission is to foster the development
deployment of interoperable products and services for data switching and
routing using optical networking technologies
- The Pouzin Society - The Pouzin Society's purpose is to provide a forum for developing viable solutions to the current Internet architecture crisis.
Copyright 2000-2009, MPLSRC.COM